Better Student. Better Learner. Better You.
Hi, I’m Ryan! I’m a teacher, learning coach, curriculum designer, and founder of HistoryKit. More so, I am a lifelong student who loves, and sometimes struggles, to learn.
Either as a student or as a teacher, I’ve been in school most of my life. In the sometimes bumpy journey, I have experienced both successes and some setbacks, but I want to use my stories and experience to help you be the student and learner you want to and can be.
I work with
- high schoolers
- college students
- adult learners
who want to (or help someone) become a better student so they can be a better learner. My focus is on how writing helps students be better learners.
I also work with teachers and education professionals looking to foster better student learning experiences and outcomes.
More about Ryan
Advanced Placement (AP)
- Capstone Seminar
- Capstone Research
- European History
- U.S. Government & Politics
- U.S. History
High School Honors, Regular, & Inclusion
- U.S. History
- World History
- Reading & Writing
Undergraduate and Graduate Teaching
- Information Literacy
- Interdisciplinary Research Capstone
- Curriculum and instruction
- Teacher Leadership & Coaching
- Teaching History & Social Studies Methods for Pre-Service Teachers
Education & Credentials
- PhD in Curriculum Studies | DePaul University
- MA in Teaching & Learning | DePaul University
- BA in History | Bellarmine University
- Certified Illinois secondary teaching license
- Accredited College Board AP teacher
“[Ryan] helped me not to be afraid of daunting challenges and how to become more confident.” N.R., student